The high tempo of board and search operations conducted by the Royal Australian Navy in the Gulf has presented it’s own problems. SOS Marine’s response is SOS-9939, an operationally evolved boarding vest using two manual gas inflation heads and over-pressure valve, providing protection for the floatation bladder. This additional feature suits the operational environment allowing a team member having gone overboard and been retrieved, is then required to continue on until completion of the mission.
RAN Boarding Vest Features
SIZE:XL NSN: 4220-66-152-0132
Common Vest Features
• 156 Newton buoyancy bladder.
• Uses 2 x 33 gram CO 2 cylinder.
• Manual gas inflation.
• Oral inflation/deflation tube.
• Anti-Burst/Overpressure bladder protection.
• Automatic SOLAS light with manual off switch for daylight.
• Pea-less signaling whistle.
• SOLAS grade reflective tape on bladder, minimum 6 places.
• Custom tool and cargo pocket configuration.
• SOS Hydrapac personal hands-free hydration system.
• Subdued department lettering and badges.
• Four adjustment tabs, two per side, ensure a snug fit.